Join the Society today, and become a member! Click below for downloadable membership application or online due payments.
ELIGIBILITY TO MEMBERSHIP (Emeritus, Regular and Associate)
Any member of the Texas Medical Association, in good standing, whose practice is limited to Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, or any one or more of these subjects, shall be eligible to membership in this Society.
CLASSIFICATION OF MEMBERS
The membership of this Society shall be classified as Emeritus Members, Regular Members, Associate Members, and Special Members. Those applicants who have already passed the American Board of Otolaryngology shall be received into Regular Membership after having passed the Board of Censors. Other applicants shall be received as Associate Members after having been passed by the Board of Censors, this status to be retained until the national boards shall have been passed, whereupon they automatically become Regular Members. Emeritus Members shall be those Regular Members who have attained the age of 65 years and who make application to become Emeritus Members. A Special Member shall be a medical or paramedical person of the doctorate level and of good reputation whose relationship and contribution to otolaryngology the Society desires to recognize. Associate Members and Emeritus Members shall enjoy all the privileges of this Society except that of holding office. Special Members shall participate in the activities of the Society but shall not be eligible to vote or hold office.
- Active - Board Certified Otolaryngolgogist
- Associate - Board Eligible Otolaryngolgogist (is preparing to take Board Exam or is pending results from Board Exam
- Emeritus - 65 years old, written request made to Secretary, must have been an Active member
- Resident - In a Residency program or Post-Residency Fellowship
- Special - Medical or paramedical person of the doctorate level
- Inactive - Retired or Out of State Member (previously Active member)
Questioning your member type?